19th Annual Better Business Bureau Torch Awards for Ethics
The Torch Award is designed to promote not only the importance of ethical business practices, but the willingness and efforts made by outstanding businesses to ensure that our marketplace remains fair and honorable. Each reciepent has a unique opportunity to receive public recognition for their excellence in ethical business practices.
Benefits of Applying?
The Business of the Year Torch Awards allow businesses the opportunity to spotlight the great things they do every day in furthering marketplace trust and integrity.
- The company has been in business at least 24 months.
- The company has earned at least a “B” rating with BBB.
- The company has no government agency affiliation.
The Following Rules Apply:
BBB Accreditation is not a requirement for entry, nor will it be considered in the final scoring. All judges’ decisions are final. If nominees are, or have been, the object of major lawsuits, including class action suits, or government actions in the past three years, this information must be disclosed in the entries.
- The company may not hold an unsatisfactory record with any BBB.
- The company must do business within the service area for which it is applying.
- The organization must have been in business for at least 24 months.
- The organization must not have received a Business of the Year Torch Award within the previous three consecutive years.
Recipients of the Awards Receive:
- Inclusion in press releases announcing winners
- Announcements made via social media channels
- Lifetime use of the BBB Torch Award Seal (As long as winners maintain a B rating with BBB)
- Torch Award trophy presentation by BBB
- Professional quality photos taken of the winning business by BBB
- Website recognition
- Perpetual placement on Torch Award winners page (As long as winners maintain a B rating with BBB)
- Announcement and recognition at the BBB Annual Meeting