Pro Com Services of Illinois, Inc. is looking for skilled Professional Customer Service Representatives for our high-performing receivables management team. The more relevant experience you have, the more you can earn!
Our team members connect with consumers to negotiate payment arrangements for past-due accounts. Are you ready to make a difference by helping someone in their life? Are you ready to join our team? We are a team of people who are polite, have empathy, and are sensitive to consumers’ needs while remaining persistent and committed to our goal.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will:
- Work in our call center, wear a headset, and talk to people over the phone handling both inbound and outbound phone calls.
- Locate and contact consumers to resolve their past-due accounts and negotiate pay off deadlines or payment arrangements that work for everyone.
- You will be responsible for recovering money in as little time as possible.
- Handle questions or complaints.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Update account status and database regularly.
- Listen to consumers and understand, respond with empathy, treat customers with respect, and take quick action. We treat people the way we want to be treated.
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are a must to succeed in this position.
When you join Pro Com Services of Illinois, Inc., we will:
- Instantly make you part of our family of diverse people focused on making positive consumer experiences happen.
- Invest in you from day one with training and development.
- Give you ways to earn additional income through bonus and incentives. Our most successful Customer Service Representatives earn on average $1,000 per month in bonus alone!
- Show you a clear path and provide the tools you need to grow professionally.
- Offer benefits and opportunity.
- Provide paid holidays and vacation time.
To qualify you must:
- Have a positive attitude, excellent communication and people skills.
- Love to compete and strive to always get better.
- Be adept in negotiation and persuasion.
- Be polite and compassionate while being confident.
- Have a genuine interest in people and a desire to help.
- Be ready to be part of a team.
- Have strong typing skills.
- Be at least 18 years old and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Pass a criminal background check.