PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes responsibility for a patient/family caseload that includes the assessing, planning and implementation and evaluation phases of the nursing process
- Initiates communication with attending physicians, other hospice team members, and agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
- Obtains data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and communicate that data in team meetings to formulate an Interdisciplinary Plan of Care.
- Maintains up to date patient records so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur
- Coordinates physical care of the patient and instruct primary caregivers, volunteers and home health aides in providing direct care as appropriate.
- Supervises and documents home health aide plan of care every two weeks.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings to facilitate discussion of patient/family status in order to evaluate and revise the interdisciplinary team plan of care.
- Shares in providing after hour on-call coverage as needed.
- Provides appropriate support at time of death and period of bereavement as needed.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training programs for hospice staff.
- Represents Healthcare@Home Hospice and Palliative Care in professional and community activities as requested.
- Participates in Continuous Organizational Improvement Program activities.
- Maintain a high level of competency, growth and development, including ensuring license and CPR are current and in good standing at all times
- Follow guidelines as indicated in employee handbook.
- Attend nursing meetings, quarterly educational in-services and complete yearly competencies.
- Performs other related functions as requested.
- Document accurately and appropriately on the laptop, uploading by midnight.
- When appropriate, enter insurance authorization requests within 24hrs of initial evaluation and continue to enter additional requests at the end of each authorization period.
- Ensure the clients have prescribed medications and/or treatment supplies, updating file as changes occur.
- Adhere/assist with company outcome goals as indicated by QI/homecare compare tracking.
- Participate in QA/OBQI initiatives with problem-solving via action items.
- Thorough knowledge of and strict adherence to Healthcare@Home’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Technical/other training or better in Nursing.
- Licensed RN or BSN with current state license
- Experience with terminally ill patients is preferable
- Current driver’s license, current auto insurance and access to a car during working hours
Required Licenses & Certifications
Drivers License- IL