PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Obtain patient’s informed consent to treatment.
- Perform home safety/fall risk assessments and document appropriately.
- Plan, prepare and carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Perform and document an OASIS assessment/initial assessment, evaluating the data to identify problems and determine a plan of care/intervention within 24-48 hours of referrals.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefits.
- Administer appropriate modalities (manual and physical agents) to help relieve pain, increase strength, decrease/prevent deformity or crippling, and increase quality of life.
- Instruct patient, family, and caregivers in treatment procedures/plan of care.
- Instruct patient, family, and caregivers in home exercise program.
- Confer with the patient, medical practitioners and appropriate others to plan, implement and assess the intervention program.
- Review medical records and physician referral to help determine plan of care and intervention.
- Record prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in patient’s chart or enter information into the computer.
- Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals/outcomes have been attained and provide for appropriate follow-up or referrals as needed.
- Test and measure patient’s strength, motor development, sensation, function, respiratory/circulatory function and overall quality of life and record data appropriately.
- Identify and document goals, anticipated progress, and plan for reevaluation every 6th visit.
- Provide information to the patient about the proposed intervention, its material risk and any reasonable alternatives.
- Refer to the appropriate practitioner if a finding is revealed out of the scope of the practice.
- Direct and supervise supportive personnel, assessing their competence, delegating specific tasks to them and establishing channels of
- Teach physical therapy students as well as those in other health professions.
- Provide educational information about physical therapy and physical therapists, injury prevention, ergonomics and ways to promote health to our customers and community.
- Refer clients to community resources and services.
- Conduct and support research and apply research findings to practice.
- Follow best practices as outlined in handbook.
- Follow guidelines as indicated in employee handbook.
- Participate in QA/OBQI initiatives with problem-solving via action items.
- Perform initial assessments within 3 business days after the start of care.
- Attendance at staff meetings is mandatory. If unable to attend, must follow-up with supervisor.
- Documentation of notes will be submitted within 24 hours of performing the visit.
- Completion of other duties not specified as requested or assigned by Management.
- Thorough knowledge of and strict adherence to Celtic's Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better.
Masters or better.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited college required
- Previous home health experience preferred
- One-year experience in this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility preferred
- Current license as a Physical Therapist by the OT, PT, ATC Board required in the state which he/she is providing services for the agency required
- Valid driver’s license and proof of current insurance required
Required Licenses & Certifications
Drivers License- IL