The Digital Marketing Manager is a hands-on role that will help direct, support and build the digital marketing division. This person will oversee digital team functions as well as manage assigned pay-per-click advertising programs (researching keywords and placements, optimizing landing pages, developing PPC ads). This person will prepare proposals, performance reports and more. Selected hire will coordinate and help manage client PPC campaigns to ensure goals are being met. This position will cross communicate with the Web Manager to ensure programs are fully optimized and also coordinates with client services, is responsible for maintaining a PPC campaign’s tasks, creative development and monthly performance reporting, keeping in communication with clients and keeping the team informed of progress. Continuous learning is vital to the success of this position and to the reputation of our company as this is an ever-changing industry. A Digital Marketing Manager must research the most effective tools and resources to ensure we are offering the best services to our clients.
The responsibilities and duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Work with digital team members to ensure programs are being properly managed and tasks are being completed in a timely manner as set by the project requirements. The DMM will support business development opportunities in terms of client meeting participation as well as the creation of PPC proposals and contract renewals. They will work with executive management to support agency directives and help build continue to foster and build a positive team environment.
Paid Search, Display and Social Media:
This position will work with Account Executives (AE) and Account Coordinators (AC) to develop, manage and optimize the performance of the paid search marketing accounts for Google, Facebook and other platforms. Proactively identify, promote and test additional third-party advertising platforms as needed. Other activities include analysis of account performance against goals; determine appropriate PPC ad copy, keyword match types and landing pages to test for CTR and conversion rate improvements. The DMS will also work with the staff to help mentor and advise on paid search best practices.
Website & Landing Page Conversion Optimization:
S/he will work collaboratively with Web, Marketing, IT, and Copy to design, develop, implement and manage the landing pages including web updates and maintenance.
Utilize Google analytics (and other 3rd party solutions as needed) to analyze and report the performance of our digital marketing programs. He or She will be responsible for setup, implementation and management. Knowledge of features such as advanced segments, goal tracking, bounce rates, exit pages will be used to provide feedback and recommendations to improve performance. Additionally, this person will leverage AdWords data – day parts, keyword positions, location, etc. to optimize the paid search accounts which they manage.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or related field.
- Previous experience in executing and managing online advertising programs not limited to but including Search, Display, email, and online video campaigns
- Experience with Google AdWords or Facebook Ads Manager is ideal
- Experience with 3rd party advertising solutions
- Knowledge of web usability, user experience, information architecture, and conversion optimization preferred.
- Google Certifications (strongly recommended) including and/all of the following:
- AdWords Fundamentals
- Search Advertising
- Display Advertising
- Mobile Advertising
- Video Advertising
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, 3rd party platforms)
- Proficient in SEO program management, reporting, and analytical tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective communication and presentation to stakeholders, including management, marketing, creative, production, external clients and outside vendors.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Excellent organizational, project management skills and the ability to work under pressure with tight timelines.
- Ability to create buy-in from multiple constituents in a collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Traveling up and down stairs within the office.
- Looking at computer screen for long periods of time.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Multitasking, solving or referring problems to various members of the team, also run errands.
- Traveling to and from clients with some overnights necessary at times.
- Support at tradeshows and conferences with opportunities to speak.
- Ability to manage stress
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly Performance Bonuses
- Year End and Christmas Bonuses
- Profit Sharing Program
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Healthcare Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Group Dental available at employee cost
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Group outings and events
- Continuing education
- Fun travel opportunities