Ball-Chatham is seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join our existing Titan Talent as a Director of Special Education!
When providing services as a Director in the Ball-Chatham School District, individuals can expect to work with a variety of students at all levels of their educational growth. Ball-Chatham Special Education Professionals are an integral part of the school community, not only providing support and daily lessons in the classroom, but building a positive path for each student in pursuit of their individual educational goals.
Minimum Starting Salary: $90,000
Is your ideal workplace:
- engaging and challenging all the same?
- comprised of a team of extraordinary educators, support staff, and administrators?
- rewarding, with relationships reaching beyond the walls of a school building?
- prepared to guide students to their highest levels of personal achievement while meeting their educational goals and milestones?
- excited about working with students at all academic levels and needs?
- enthusiastic about Ball-Chatham's philosophy?
- able to create positive relationships with students, parents, and other staff?
- willing to provide a positive, safe, and academically challenging learning environment?
- hold a valid Illinois Professional Educator License, with applicable Director of Special Education (DSE) endorsement?
- understand best practices related to teaching and pedagogy?
- understand how to interpret and implement IEPs?
- value Character Education (Titan Traits)?
If you answered "Yes!" to any of the questions above, then we want to know more about you! To be considered for this position, you must:
- Maintain qualifications and applicable licensure outlined in the position job description below
- Complete and submit the ONLINE application
Job Description: Director of Special Education
The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future and may be amended by the Board of Education as appropriate.